What are the best hosting opportunities for your new ecommerce store
Creating an ecommerce store can be a profitable way for you to offer your products to billions of potential customers around the world. By 2019, market analysts predict that the ecommerce industry will exceed $500 billion dollars per year in the United States alone. There has never been a better time to start a new ecommerce store.
The most important step to starting any successful ecommerce business is selecting the best host for your site. Ecommerce hosting can affect whether or not your visitors have an enjoyable experience on your site. It is best for you to choose your ecommerce host with care.
Features of Best Hosting for Ecommerce Stores
Before you shop for a host for your new ecommerce site, you should be aware of the features of a good ecommerce host. These are some of the features that are important to the success and growth of your ecommerce store.
- PCI compliance is needed in order to legally process any credit card from your customers. This feature is not necessary if you are using a third party payment system such as PayPal or Square.
- Dedicated SSL certificate and IP address for your site.
- Data centers that are located in various places.
- Security features, policies and mechanisms to prevent theft and fraud.
- Fast servers to ensure that your customers are not frustrated by a slow shopping experience.
There are hundreds of ecommerce hosting opportunities available, but which one offers the best hosting service for you? Here is a list of 7 of the best web hosting opportunities for your new ecommerce store.
BlueHost is a trusted host to millions of people around the world. This ecommerce site has affordable hosting rates, and it provides responsive customer service. Other benefits of hosting your ecommerce site with BlueHost include:
- Unlimited storage and domain names
- Scripts for mailing lists, polls and message forums
- SSL security features
- IMAP/POP3 support for emails
- Shopping carts
- Supports WordPress
- Updated hardware that offers speedy service for your customer
InMotion offers a variety of hosting features for novices and veterans. This host utilizes the most efficient hardware in the ecommerce industry and provides stellar customer service. A unique feature of InMotion is it offers opportunities for mass scalability for your business. Other popular features of using InMotion are:
- Performance optimization
- Around the clock customer support every day of the year
- Lightning fast SSD drives
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Ecommerce platform multiple installers
SiteGround is a reliable ecommerce host that offers features that are suitable for large and small ecommerce sites. This top host offers different ecommerce hosting packages that are easy to use. Additional features of hosting your ecommerce site with SiteGround include:
- WordPress, Magento, WooCommerce and OpenSource Hosting
- Free PCI compliance
- Free SSL certificate
- Supports up to 100,000 visitors every month
- Security features such as SPAM prevention, server monitoring and anti-hack systems
GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly ecommerce host that provides services to over 300,000 websites. They are an affordable hosting company that has received a 300 percent green certification status from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation. GreenGeeks is a great choice for new ecommerce site owners who are conscientious about their carbon footprint. Features that are offered by GreenGeeks include:
- Daily Site Backup
- Space to accommodate ecommerce site growth
- Dedicated hosting services
- Global data centers and servers that are located Chicago, Phoenix and Toronto
- WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, cPanel and CMS hosting
With reliable speeds, FatCow is a respectable choice for ecommerce sites that require feature-rich offerings that support the needs of customers. This host is good choice for new ecommerce sites. Additional features offered by FatCow are:
- Free domain name
- Support 24/7
- Unlimited disk space, bandwidth, emails, and databases
- Hosting site powered solely by wind energy
- Point and click website builder
iPage provides inexpensive ecommerce site hosting that offers essentials for online commerce including SEO tools, marketing guides and top-tier customer support. This host is ideal for new ecommerce store owners. iPage offers other benefits that include:
- Ad credits on Bing, Google and Yahoo!
- Free email, ecommerce store and domain name with cPanel
- Free unlimited bandwidth and cloud storage accounts
- Shopping carts and PayPal compatibility
This site has hosting features that are user-friendly for first-time ecommerce stores. If you have a small site that does not attract thousands of visitors each month, WebHostingHub offers features that can grow your site. Additional features offered by WebHostingHub include:
- Choice of data center location
- Free domain name
- eCommerce Support
- cPanel and 1-click WordPress installation
- No downtime for website transfers
Choosing the best hosting site can increase your chances of customer satisfaction for visitors of your new ecommerce store.